Monday, August 10, 2009

Post Surgery Pictures

It's been a long road, but today I finally got my surgical splint off! I am doing well and feeling better and better every day. Here are some rather pathetic pictures the day of and a few days after my surgery.

This is a couple of hours before surgery. I have no idea why I looked so happy. Guess I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. Had I known, they would have had to tie me to the bed to keep me from running out the door.

This is a couple of hours after surgery. After four and a half hours of surgery this is how I look ... terrible!

The suction tube I am holding in my mouth here became my best friend. It helped take the blood and saliva out of my mouth. The only time it left my hands was when I had to get up to go the bathroom. I would suction out my nose and mouth about every 2 seconds.


Sleeping was especially tough because I had to wake up every few hours and take some sort of nasty medicine.


This is day 2, feeling a little better. Except the somewhat sad look on my face is because Brett told me I had to leave the suction tube at the hospital. It was a terrible farewell.


From here the swelling got worse for a few weeks, but is gradually going down.

Stay tuned for happier pictures to come.


8 comments:

Kara said...

My poor little megan, now I really wish I had been there to take care of you...hope you're feeling totally back to normal now! The next pictures I want to see taken with your new camera!

Kimi said...

Oh dang! That looks rough!

marge said...

you look 100% better today. We're glad you're doing so well. We loved having you with us at Newport. All the kids said you were such a good sport to come and be with the family. It wouldn't have been the same without you and Brett. We love you, bob & marge

cheeks said...

you are such a trooper meg! i think i would have been sad to leave the suction behind too! you are recovering well...so you need to post some pics!!

Amelia said...

meggie foo foo. That is the saddest picture ever. Well its no wonder i didnt recognize you whey you walked into my family room last week!! Glad you are feeling somewhat better!

Lindsay said...

oh megs. im so sorry. it looks so painful! im glad your on the mend!

Sara said...

Oh Megan!!! I love the pics with your suction. So glad you are feeling better! That's a tough surgery. You really are looking great now.

Annie said...

I am excited for when your bite is perfect and you have but a hazy recollection of that nasty surgery. I promise you that day will come. Seeing these pictures seriously brings back more deja vu than you can imagine. That blessed blood sucker thing. I just couldn't believe that much blood could come out of my mouth. You really do look fantastic now. Your swelling has really gone down well.