Monday, June 14, 2010

Miles Brett Nydegger

Miles Brett Nydegger

Born: June 13th, 2010
6 Lbs 10 oz
20.5 inches


Sunday morning about 3:30 A.M. I woke up to some pretty painful and regular contractions. Within a half hour they were 5-7 minutes apart. My water broke a few minutes later, so I hopped in the shower, did my hair and we made it to the hospital a little before 5 a.m. After admission, I got hooked up to all of the monitors and was dilated to a 5 1/2. I got my epidural a little before 6am, a welcome relief!

Once I got the epidural, things seemed to go pretty smooth. I never imagined labor to be like it was. We just hung out, napped a little, watched a movie and waited.

At about 12:00, I had dilated to a 10, but Miles was still a little high, so we just waited a little while longer for him to drop.

After nearly 3 hours of pushing, our little man made it!



This is Dr. Turner, she was incredible the whole pregnancy, I loved going to her.


Here is our sweet little boy getting his very first bath, which he didn't seem to mind too much.

All nice and clean! This next one is Brett's favorite picture.


Notice his long head, that is what sitting in the birth canal for 3 hours will do to you. After a day, it now look like a normal size head.





Now we are just spending some good quality time with Miles. He is such a cute little boy and I so feel blessed to be his mom. Pushing for 3 hours was by far the hardest thing I have ever done, but it was worth every second. I was completely overcome with so much love and happiness when I finally got to see his sweet little face.

We love you Miles!

17 comments:

marge said...

We love Miles too. We are so greatful that he arrived safely and is doing so well. I loved all of the pics. I especially liked the one with Miles winking. He's already a little flirt. We wish we could be there to hold him. There is nothing like the sweet smell and cuddly feelings of a newborn.

Annie said...

So excited for you! He really is absolutely adorable. I hope you are doing well and let me know if you need anything!

cheeks said...

you guys!!!!!! ahhhhh! he is sooooo cute! i'm so suprised by his light hair! i love it! Meg, you my dear, are a ROCKSTAR!!! 3 hours? what a trooper! congrats! i can't wait to come see this little guy! we love you!

Melinda said...

So cute! He's such a cute little man. I can't believe you pushed for 3 hours! Superwoman! Congratulations!

Joni said...

He is so cute. I agree with all the other 3 hour comments. You are amazing. I pushed for an hour and they stopped me in the middle of it to wait. I thought I was tough. Can't wait to see him in person. Congrats. Oh and Miles is such a cute name.

Whitney said...

He is so handsome. I am really happy for you guys and totally admire you for pushing for three hours. That had to be the hardest thing ever. Belle had the cone head too cause she sat in my birth canal for like an hour while we waited for my doc to deliver another baby. I hope I will get to meet him sometime soon. Let me know if there is anything you need!

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! i'm so happy for you and brett! i can't wait to see him!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

MEGAN--you're a mommy! It's the best thing in the world and only gets better! I remember sitting and holding each of mine as a newborn and just being so overwhelmed with emotion...I'm a little teary eyed now! I think every stage of being a parent is my favorite! I need to call and talk to you! Triple love you!

Janis said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!! Labor is something that you can't explain, but God in his wisdom let's you forget it also. Otherwise we all would have just one child in every family. Enjoy every moment of this new adventure in your life. You will be a great little mommy. Love Aunt Janis

The Sorensen Family said...

Congrats! He is darling. Hope mom and baby are doing well. Being a mom is amazing. SOrry for the long labor!!

Taunya and Ian said...

Congrats Megan! I can't believe he is here! Kudos for you for pushing for three hours! I love the name Miles too!

The Teeples said...

He is such a doll. It was so fun to see him in person. I adore his lovely hair! I can't wait to see all the adventures you have with him. Hopefully, they will be less dramatic than the last couple of days. Call me if you need anything. I would love to be of help.

Love you guys

kiki comin said...

he really is just beautiful. congrats..glad labor went so well. and i LOVE his name!:)

Sara said...

Congrats Megan! I am so excited for you guys!!! You will be a great mommy:)

Perry's said...

Congrats you guys, he is so cute. Can't wait to meet him!! Hope you are doing well.

Todd and Ashley said...

congrats you guys!!! he is adorable. glad to hear you guys are doing well. what a cute name by the way

Amelia said...

I wanna pinch his cheeks!! love him