Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bye Bye Brace Face!

Great News!! I got my braces off today!! It has been a really long road and I am so glad it is coming to an end.

These two pics are before...

And after...

They want me to wear this appliance called a positioner. I have to wear it pretty much 24/7 for the next three days, and then as much as possible for the next two weeks. It binds my top teeth to the bottom, so I cannot talk with it in. It is HAUNTINGLY similar to the splint they used to wire me shut post Jaw surgery. Luckily with this one I can take it out to eat.
What a mouth full!

7 comments:

cheeks said...

they are gorgeous! dental freedom....well, kindof! at least the splint is removeable!

Amelia said...

Yay for no more braces.I remember when you started with retainers (were you in 3rd grade?) and I was so jealous that they wanted me to wait like 6 month or a year. silly me.

Anonymous said...

haha that's great! your teeth are so pretty!

Joni said...

Beautiful. They are so white. I had braces two times and my teeth never came out that white after.

Kara said...

You are one hot mama! But I think you should ask if you can wear the mouth guard forever...

Sara said...

What a great feeling!!! They look amazing! After all that you went through...they better huh.

marge said...

what a beautiful smile! I guess it was all worth it!